Deepti lives and works in Kathmandu, Nepal. Deepti holds a Masters Degree in Natural Resource Management, completed in 2007 from the Pokhara University, Nepal. She has been recognised as Young Conservation Leaders Award 2009 by WWF for her contribution and work on youth and environment. She has experience working in Nepal, Somalia, India and Norway.
Areas of Expertise
- Consultant in Local and Regional Economic Development and Governance
- Training design, training delivery and facilitation/moderation
- Consultant on entrepreneurship, private sector development
Deepti has more than 16 years of experience working on economic development, democracy assistance and governance, focusing on cross-cutting thematic areas, including youth, gender and minority rights. Her prime work areas include private sector development, constitution building, support to political parties/association, parliamentary support and strengthening civil society groups.
Since 2019, she is engaged as the National Team Leader, Local and Regional Economic Development for Local and Provincial Economic Development at GIZ on behalf of the consortium of Como-Mesopartner. She has facilitated and managed various Local Economic Development interventions, including the Participatory Appraisal for Competitive Advantage, Business Climate Survey, Economic Development Strategy, and capacity-building initiatives in Nepal's federal, provincial and local governments.
- Co-author, Reimagining Local and Regional Economic Development in Lumbini, April 2023
- Co-author, Manual of Participatory Appraisal of Competitive Advantage (PACA): Customized to Nepali Context, March 2022
- Principal Investigator, Comparative Study of 22 Countries: Developing Political Party Legislation of Somalia: Comprehensive Research study conducted for the Oslo Center, 2014
- Co-Author, ‘Women Access to Political Leadership’: Chapter published in the book entitled Identity, Power and Transformation published by Asmita Publication
- Guest Columnist– on topics related to Women and Politics in Nepal Khabarpatrika; weekly magazine, 2013 to 2014
- Co-author and Editor, Discussion Paper on Auditing draft Constitution from a gender perspective (unpublished) on behalf of International IDEA, 2012
- Author, Coordinator, Women Members of the Constituent Assembly: A study on the contribution of women in constitution making in Nepal, published by International IDEA, Women's Caucus, CA Secretariat and Nepal Law Society, 2011
- Translator/Editor in Nepali, Gender and Social Inclusion in Conflict Sensitive Development: A manual for peace builders, produced by USAID, CEDPA and NGCPP, 2010
- Author, Women’s Political Participation in Nepal: Challenges and Constraints, A Case Study of Sunsari District. (A thesis supplement to Masters’ degree), 2007