Valerie lives in France and mainly works in Africa and the Middle East. She holds a Degree in Political Sciences from the Institute of Political Studies of Aix en Provence (Sciences Po Aix).
- 1994: Manager in the French Department of Public Works, Transportation, Housing and Tourism,
- from 1996 to 1999 responsible between for bilateral cooperation with African and Middle Eastern countries.
- Since 2002: Consultant in local development in Africa for several donor agencies including GTZ, the European Commission, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
- Application of the PACA methodology (Participatory Appraisal of Competitive Advantage) in South Africa, Benin, Algeria and Morocco.
- Evaluation of rural development programmes for the UNCDF in Senegal, Rwanda and Burkina Faso.
Main areas of expertise
Local economic development, private sector development, poverty reduction and decentralised governance.
Certified trained in Capacity Works