Mónica is from México but is based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She works mainly on international projects with a focus on Latin America. She holds a double master's degree in Local Economic Development from the National University of San Martín in Argentina and the Autonomous University of Madrid in Spain; and a Diploma in Public Communication from the Ibero-American Center for Governance, the Ibero-American Union of Municipalists and Escuela Superior de Comunicación y Empresa. She has also completed specializations in Climate Change (FLACSO) and Storytelling for Influence (IDEO).
Areas of Expertise
- Local Economic Development
- Climate Change
- Quality Infrastructure
- Facilitation and Methodology Development
- 2021 - Current: Mesopartner collaborator on projects such as Economic Promotion for Regional Development (GIZ, EU and Peru SD-PCM), Global Quality Infrastructure Index (GQII), Quality Infrastructure for the Circular Economy (QI4CE) in Latin America and the Caribbean (PTB) and the design of the Rapid Appraisal methodology of Climate-sensitive City Development Initiatives RACCI (GIZ Connective Cities)
- 2022 - 2023: International specialist for the project "Creation of the Peruvian Regional Development Agencies Network" for the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture
- 2017 - 2020: Senior Consultant at Social Value Institute
- 2010 - 2015: Communication and Technical Assistance for Latin America of
- ConectaDEL Regional Training Program in Local Economic Development for the Inter-American Development Bank
- 2006 - 2010: Change Management and Communication Specialist at Whirlpool México
Mónica is a guest lecturer for Communication at the Master in Territorial Development of the Universidad Tecnológica Nacional at Buenos Aires, Argentina. She is member of IBERCOMP, RedDETE ALC and Global Sustainability Lab Fellow; and a mentor for Living Companies, a corporate sustainability agency.
Mónica has been collaborating with Mesopartner intermittently since 2012. In 2023, she became the contact point for Mesopartner in Latin America.