Mesopartner Summer Academy
La Academia de Verano de Mesopartner se celebrará únicamente en inglés.
Mesopartner is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2023. For 20 years, Mesopartner has gathered experience in the field of economic development around the world. The Summer Academy 2023 will build on this experience. This experience will be enhanced by bringing in insights from the ongoing involvement of Mesopartner in research activities that look at cutting-edge thinking in economic development, complexity thinking and decision-making under conditions of uncertainty.
The Summer Academy is a five-day residential international training event on economic development.
Who is Mesopartner
Mesopartner operates globally as an innovator in economic development practice. Combining theory, practice and reflection, we enable clients to explore options and support decision-making processes. We collaborate with strategic partners to create knowledge on contextually sound economic development. Read more about us.
Join the Academy
- At the Summer Academy, participants are introduced to Mesopartner’s approach to Local Economic Development (LED), which brings together experiences and instruments from Local and Regional Economic Development (LRED), Bottom-Up Industrial Policy, Innovation Systems, Complexity Thinking and Market System Development.
- Due to Mesopartner's diverse work globally, participants will benefit from different perspectives from the trainers and the international participants offer unique exposure to multi-cultural perspectives and experience in development economics.
- The Mesopartner Summer Academy will deepen your understanding of systemic economic change processes and enable you to better guide your organisation or project to shape that process.
- Learn how to offer the knowledge that local actors need to address the challenge of innovation and change in a systemic and complexity-sensitive way.
- Learn how to use innovative tools based on local and regional economic development, cluster and value chain promotion, market systems development, strengthening of local innovation systems and related topics.
- Learn how to facilitate development processes and give policy advice.
Who should attend
The annual Summer Academy of Mesopartner targets professionals who already have experience in designing, implementing and facilitating economic development processes and building team capacity.
The programme is dense and aimed at development practitioners with diverse experience working on private sector development using different instruments and approaches such as Value Chain Development, Clusters Development, Local and Regional Economic Development, or Market Systems Development.
This programme will be especially relevant for professionals working on strengthening development organisations, backstopping teams in the field or those practitioners involved in improving the economic dynamics and economic performance of regions, industries or clusters.
Bring your team
We encourage organisations to send small groups (3 to 5 members) to the Summer Academy to get the opportunity to use their cases during the exercises. The group will benefit from different perspectives from all trainers and exchange with and learn from other practitioners.
When & Where
Date: 3 - 7 July 2023
Hotel Grenzfall, Berlin, Germany
Read more on the Venue information
To participate in our Summer Academy, complete our online application form. Visit the application page for more information.
Read more About the trainers.
Do you have any questions?
What people say about the Summer Academy
"A memorable experience, where you can learn about frameworks and tools on Territorial Economic Development and share with practitioners from diverse cultural backgrounds are all things that you can experience at the Mesopartner Summer Academy." Watch this video testimonial by Elene Tkhlashidze.
"The Academy encourages peer learning between experts." Watch a video testimonial by Verena Egetemeir from Chile.
Watch a testimonial video by Zdravko Miovčić, Director of Eda, on what the Summer Academy meant for him, his staff and partners.
"Mesopartner speaks fluent territorial economic development language. The Summer Academy is a high-quality resource for economic development experts and practitioners to enrich their vocabulary and grammar of this language. Highly recommended!"
Yuri Tretyak, Senior Technical Team Leader, Regional Development in Policy and Action Team
U-LEAD with Europe Programme Ukraine
"It was great pleasure participating at the academy! Thanks to all for a great week of enjoyment, knowledge sharing, learning and sightseeing. Excellent moderation and organization makes the academy unforgettable! Thanks Mesopartners!"
Dr Fisnik Reçica, Deputy Project Manager
"Highly recommended! The perfect mix of interesting instruments, learning and group dynamics, discussions and complementary activities."
Verena Egetemeir, Project Manager
Dinámica Plataforma Chile
"Mesopartner Summer Academy is a 5-days event in Berlin organized by a group of brilliant lecturers (and practitioners) from Mesopartner, which also means from all over the world. Topics change on yearly basis, but some of main approaches stay every year, like Systemic Competitiveness, Complexity or stress on meso level/supporting organizations in local economic development. Besides cutting edge knowledge and tools for practitioners on economy-related matters, it’s also an example how such an event should be organized and moderated: A lot of knowledge shared, using good moderation and lecturing tools, in a great environment with just right amount of sightseeing and relaxation moments." Read a blog report on Summer Academy 2018
Pavle Miovčić, Researcher and moderator
Eda Bosnia and Herzegovina