Please verify whether you need a visa to enter Germany. Consult your nearest German Embassy or Consulate, and prior to your visit to them please consult this website.
- A visa takes at least 10 working days to be processed.
- Please apply for your entry visa before June!
- We will send you a letter of invitation to accompany your visa application if you require it.
- Application for your entry visa must be made in person and cannot be delegated.
- Remember that your passport has to be valid for six months after the date on which you leave Germany.
You will need to submit proof of health insurance coverage of at least €30,000 when you apply for a visa at a German Embassy or Consulate. Please enquire from your health insurance/health plan provider whether they cover health costs in Germany. Alternatively, you may submit travel insurance for your trip to Germany. Otherwise we can arrange health insurance cover for you at a cost of approximately €30.
Logistics: Shuttle & Hotel booking
The Summer Academy will start with an informal dinner Sunday evening, 1 July at 19:00 and end Friday, 6 July around 15:30. Please book your return flight on Friday after 17:30 to ensure you can participate to the end of the academy. Your accommodation will be covered from Sunday to Friday morning check out.
You are welcome to stay additional days on your own account and we can make the booking for you. The Hotel Grenzfall rate for a single room is 80€ and double room 102€ per night, breakfast included.
Mesopartner will arrange for a shuttle to collect you at Berlin Tegel Airport on Sunday upon your arrival. The shuttle will also be available on Friday afternoon after the Academy.
Once you have made your flight booking for your trip, please complete the attached Logistics questionnaire and return it by email to Annelien. The information will ensure that we have all your travel information.